TECHNET Archives

November 2008

From:
Werner Engelmaier /* <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:29:03 -0500
 Hi Bryan,
The STII parameter has been discussed in my reliability column in Global SMT & Packaging magazine in January 2006—I have attached a copy.
It is also discussed, together with lots of other things, in my White Paper titled: "WHITE PAPER REPORT: Recommendations for PCB FAB Notes and Specifications in Printed Circuit Board Drawings for SnPb and Lead-Free Soldering Assemblies, the Qualification of PCB Shops and Activities to Assure Continued Quality."

As indicated by the title, in this report recommendations are made regarding appropriate specifications and ‘FAB Notes’ on drawings for printed circuit boards (PCBs), general procedures to qualify PCB shops and to assure they would be producing PCBs of good quality, and testing procedures to verify quality and reliability.  It contains examples—one for SnPb solder assemblies and one for RoHS-compliant Pb-free solder assemblies—of ‘FAB Notes’ serving as general specifications on PCB drawings being much more specific than IPC-4101B, a basic questionnaire for new PCB shops to be qualified meant as a supplement to IPC-1710, as well as recommendations for ongoing activities to assure that qualified PCB shops maintain the quality of the PCBs produced by them. All the recommendations are fully discussed, carefully researched and referenced.

The cost of the report is $495.-; it will be delivered as a pdf-file immediately upon receipt of a check, money transfer or purchase order.

Updates will be sent automatically and at n
o additional cost—I am currently shipping v.08 with some 45 pages and over 80 references; and have started work on update v.09.

Regards,
Werner Engelmaier
Engelmaier Associates, L.C.
Electronic Packaging, Interconnection and Reliability Consulting
7 Jasmine Run
Ormond Beach, FL 32174 USA
Phone: 386-437-8747, Cell: 386-316-5904
E-mail: [log in to unmask], Website: www.engelmaier.com