TECHNET Archives

October 2008

From:
"Creswick, Steven" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Creswick, Steven
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 05:46:36 -0400
Leland,

If it is of any support, the 15-20% in Winter months may contribute to
ESD related problems.

We try to keep a Microelectronics clean room environment in the 30-40%
range.  Dryer than this and we get [more] static, wetter than this and
we think of corrosion, etc.

Although not directly related to the screening operation, if you do the
entire facility, there may be the ESD benefit.

Steve