TECHNET Archives

October 2008

From:
"Gumpert, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Gumpert, Ben
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 06:39:36 -0400
Michael,

Your 'old school' system sounds good, but I have to question how it
holds up in a dynamic environment (i.e. changing part numbers and items
used in multiple assemblies).

My company uses a parts database management system, and I find it easy
to use. I don't have to worry about drawing numbers because they are all
linked - as long as I have one, I can get them all. And if a PWB number
used in an assembly changes, I don't have to know that it did, the
system tells me.

Ben