TECHNET Archives

October 2008

From:
- bogert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, - bogert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2008 19:28:41 -0400
October 6, 2008

Check out IPC-2221/IPC-D-325 drawing requirements; it may answer your
question.  Also, the IPC has recently developed a series of standards that
will replace IPC-D-325.  These new standards are intended to form a series
of electronic formatted PWB and PWA documentation requirements, including
what some folks at IPC call the "Perfect BOM".

With regard to SAP, we have several OEMs who use SAP; however, drawing
numbers are generated via CAD and not SAP.  If your CAD system does not talk
electronically directly to SAP, this normally requires someone to manually
re-enter the BOM information from the CAD drawings into SAP.  This is double
work and increases the risk of errors between the two different electrtonic
databases.