TECHNET Archives

October 2008

From:
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:44:05 -0500
I did not mean to imply that we solder more than a million joints a
month with VPS, but altogether. I agree with Brian that VPS is not a
good high-volume option. It does work well for the smaller quantities of
backplanes and thicker boards with large or massive component
terminations such as inductors, SMA connectors, etc. It also works very
well for metal-clad boards or thick boards with 2 oz copper ground and
power planes, etc.