TECHNET Archives

October 2008

From:
Lee Whiteman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:28:20 -0400
Roger,

I never heard of HASL over gold. I am assuming that the gold is
deposited (?) over the copper pads, then HASL is performed.

What are the advantages of this finish over ENIG and straight HASL?

Why would a board be finished like that? Just curious.

Lee Whiteman, PMP
Senior Member Engineering Staff
L-3 Communications East
Telephone: (856) 338-3508