TECHNET Archives

September 2008

From:
"Nivens, Carl W (US SSA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Nivens, Carl W (US SSA)
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:52:55 -0400
The wording of the IPC-SM-840D is a little vague.  3.8.1 is a requirement for the material, not the application of it.  It is a requirement of the soldermask manufacturer.

Table 3.1 shows that this requirement does not fall on the fabricator.  If there is a minimum thickness or breakdown voltage, you need to put it on the drawing (AABUS)

It appears like they are controlling the materials, but not really controlling the minimum application.

Carl