TECHNET Archives

September 2008

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:47:44 -0700
Agree. We have produced millions of boards with ENIG for Al bonding, but
would never think of gold wire bonding, at least not ball. Wedge may work,
but I don't recommend it myself. IF you bond with gold wedge, the underlying
nickel plate must be free from Phosfor, which is hard to obtain. We have had
good results with gold bonding to soft boards with electrolytic nickel, but
that's another story.

Inge