TECHNET Archives

September 2008

From:
Peter Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Peter Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:15:58 +0100
Gosh, darn... I knew I didn't put enough "it depends" in there.

Without getting to far into commercial specifics, I agree that older UV
coatings were more brittle, but newer UV coatings are tending to be more
resilient.

"Easy to rework" can mean "poor solvent resistance" - you will need to
balance these two requirements for your application. On the other hand,
if you specify resistance to all known solvents, all known temperatures
and all abrasion, then do not expect to ever be able to remove it!

Your mileage may vary.
Peter

________________________________

Peter Swanson	 [log in to unmask]
<http://www.intertronics.co.uk/adhere/index.htm>
INTERTRONICS, Oxfordshire, England 	Tel: +44 1865 842842
INTERTRONICS <http://www.intertronics.co.uk/>  is dedicated to providing
quality material, consumable and equipment solutions to the high
technology, high performance assembly industries, incorporating
outstanding levels of technical support and customer service.
Read the latest news <http://www.intertronics.co.uk/blog/blog.htm>  in
our blog!