TECHNET Archives

September 2008

From:
arnaud grivon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, arnaud grivon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:15:20 +0200
Steve,

 From the description you gave, the particles you detected may
correspond to E-glass fibers (assuming Al instead of Cl in the elements
). You can refer to IPC-4412A to have a detailed description of a glass
fiber composition.
Dimensions you indicated fits also well with glass fibers and glass
fibers do absorb moisture.
Difficult to explain however how to include glass fibers into a
polyimide film...
Just a thought.
Best regards,

Arnaud Grivon