TECHNET Archives

September 2008

From:
Gene Felder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:40:32 -0700
I am on the ESD Association working group for Garments WG-2.  We are
currently updating the Garment standard test method ANSI/ESD STM2.1.

ANSI/ESD S20.20-2007 in Table 3 specifies ANSI/ESD STM2.1 for the product
qualification test method for ESD Garments.  This is primarily detailed test
methods for an independent test lab.

For a factory, Compliance Verification, the simplified test methods are in a
fairly new document ESD TR53.

One can order# ESD TR3.0-02-05 from www.ESDA.org. The cost for the report is
$70.00 List or $50.00 for Member.

ESD TR53 lists equipment, simplified test methods, and troubleshooting tips
for the ESD control items listed in Table 3 of ANSI/ESD 20.20.

For a company having a good ESD control program, the TR or Technical Report
likely just documents what you already have been doing.  For Garments it
shows just one sleeve to sleeve test with the Garment on an insulative
surface using two 5 pound electrodes.  Alternately, a worn Garment can be
tested, if it has a coil cord attached to the Garment, using a Wrist Strap
Tester.

Gene Felder