TECHNET Archives

September 2008

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:09:39 -0500
Anyone attending IPC MidWest next week can
can hear a presentation by iNEMI/IPC on "bow
and twist" in the Imagination Room at 11:00am

Jack

-=-=-=-

from John Perry:

I wanted to let all of you know that IPC has signed up as a member within an
iNEMI project on printed board coplanarity (bow and twist) that we anticipate
will result in industry recommendations for changing the bow and twist
acceptance criteria in IPC-2221 and IPC-6012, in addition to recommendations
for new sampling and measuring requirements.

There will be an open presentation on this subject at IPC Midwest 2008 on
Wednesday, September 24th from 11AM – 12PM in the Imagination Room of
the Renaissance Hotel and Convention Center.  We will have members of the
iNEMI project give an overview of the project’s scope and provide information
on how companies who are not already within iNEMI membership can
participate.

Our IPC-2221 and IPC-6012 task groups have long struggled to address the
issue of bow and twist in our documents – it seems that there is always
something else that takes over (lead-free, wrap plating, surface finishes,
etc.) – but I am excited that there is a project underway to pull industry data
together that can yield recommendations that our groups can review for future
revisions to the IPC standards.

.