TECHNET Archives

August 2008

From:
"Igoshev, Vladimir" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Igoshev, Vladimir
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2008 13:53:02 -0400
Hi Gabi,

I saw quite a few cases of molten C4s in a row with perfectly good one.

I think the easiest way to figure out what was going on in your case is
to check the intermetallic at the substrate/solder interface.
Electromigration shouldn't cause abnormal intermetallic growth, while
overheating the C4s (due to high current) will do just that.

Regards,

Vladimir