TECHNET Archives

August 2008

From:
Franklin D Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Franklin D Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:40:32 -0500
I used military from a fabricator perspective, most shops are involved or
transitioning towards military work and subsequently revising processes to
meet those requirements.

Table 4-3, which identifies the possible tests that would be performed on a
given design, under remarks (far right column), identifies the number of
coupons/boards/test vehicle/samples required for the test.

It is not uncommon what I suggested, many more companies lately are taking
exception to 6012 requirements, in the past they did so but in a relaxed
manner, today it seems they are requiring more than what is current
'required' within the specification.

Chances are your vendors are already applying these if they are worth their
salt so it should not be a stretch.

Typically, I would not make such a request an added cost, but you might be
prepared to negotiate such an action and have them justify anything
significant.

Franklin