TECHNET Archives

July 2008

From:
Allen Maddox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Allen Maddox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 08:19:16 -0700
Just curious if there is any consistency in the size of the cap or it's place on the board and direction it faces?
  It seems like you've covered all the obvious failures so far.

  Allen Maddox, CID+

"Igoshev, Vladimir" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  That was the first thing I asked and was told "No", they hadn't been re-worked or placed manually.

What bugs me the most is that I have a hard time imagining how a top half of a cap can be separated from the bottom one. If it wasn't a manufacturing problem, then how it should have been loaded (mechanically) to crack like that.

Regards,

Vladimir