TECHNET Archives

July 2008

From:
Barbara Burcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Barbara Burcham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 13:17:14 -0500
You guys are asking some great question....I will get some answers ASAP.
Thanks and keep those comments coming, if you can.
We are soon releasing a concealable unit that can mount under the dash and have an external antenna. Personally, I would prefer that, especially if I were monitoring a teen. Then their friends would not "see" it and it could not be moved from car to car. There are programmable buttons on the sides of the device, but, to tell the truth, I am not sure about the status of using them just yet.

Thank you, each and every one,
Barbara

One thing I didn't see listed was the GPS accuracy though. Currently with chaperone it gets addresses and locations wrong. Given the results I get I would say its got a few hundred feet of "tolerance"... What is the approximate locational accuracy of the iSight?

Would it be reasonable to track someone's movement on bicycle, bus, or foot?
How about an option for it to monitor a connection to the car's 12V battery, say, through the cigarette lighter or under the dash?  It would be difficult to disconnect it and connect it to another 12V source without interrupting the power for a few seconds.  It could report +12V interruption times and durations to the tracking user.  How about a button on the unit that the tracked people could press to indicate an emergency or while on the phone to prove the unit is in their possession at that time rather than with their friend at the library?  Of course, nothing would beat having it built into a phone.

My concern would be the transfer of the unit to another vehicle easily, it should contain something that would notify if a transfer to another vehicle had taken place.    Let's say your youth decides to take a trip and doesn't want you to know about it... puts it in their friends car (which coincidently is going to the library)... and takes their trip out of state.   Also the unit could be mistaken for a object that may want to be stolen, I would think it should be hidden with a safety seal and a remote antenna mounted in the window.
Good luck either way !

If you have a few minutes, please go to our web site for our new product and then tell me what you think.
We just began marketing a GPS monitoring device and would value input from this technical group.
Go to getisight.com
Thanks,
Barbara Burcham
RFTrax