TECHNET Archives

July 2008

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:16:13 -0700
Gregg,

what's the issue(s). We have been using QFNs for a long time and without
significant problems. However, as a microwave application guy (sometimes)
I'll give you  two winks:

1. Have a hard look at your supplier's QFN center pad finish!

2. Correct solder paste volume for the center pad!

Here is a good microwave page, if you don' t already have it.

http://www.mwee.com/202803709

By the way, it's remarkable with the engineering life. Bumble-bees can' t
fly according to technical calculations. But she doesn' know that and is
flying since millions of years without any improvements. QFNs may be the
same ?

Inge