TECHNET Archives

July 2008

From:
Pete Houwen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Pete Houwen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:38:03 -0500
Thanks, everyone, for all your help.  This has been exasperating.

Thankfully, I won't need to exaggerrate (though I hadn't planned to, I just
applied hyperbole when I said I might)

Looking at things other than the weird plating, after we did our research and
site visit, it turns out they brokered the boards out anyway, used different
laminate than they promised, gave us one microsection from a different lot
than they shipped, the microsection on the other board showed lots of
nailheads and layer separation, there was soldermask residue all over the
pads.... I just hope purchasing understands enough of the "technical"
infomation to realize how much this cost savings would cost us.  Of course,
months ago when I pointed out they admitted they couldn't even meet our
specs, it didn't stop anything.

Pete