TECHNET Archives

July 2008

From:
Franklin Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Franklin Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:27:41 -0500
I would suggest proceed with extreme caution when communicating your
'findings'... Personally, I would not 'exaggerate' at all as it would most
likely come back and bite you ten-fold... making you look like the shady
one...

Varying appearances at 800X is not uncommon, in fact, at that magnification
you are not seeing the real issues anyway, so in my opinion, toss out the
pictures and run some simulations on sample boards, assemble them, stress
them, test them, soak them, kick the tires, look under the hood, do all that
you can to see how they will react in various situations and then use all
the information you compile to say whether they will 'meet your
requirements'. You are going for low cost, so do not raise your expectations
higher than that... Whatever data you collect, compare it against that bar,
and not a bar based upon product costing 2 to 4 times as much.

But whatever you do, don't fudge the data to prove or disprove your feeling,
this may only turn out bad for you, lose your credibility, possibly be a
financial issue if the supplier found out... oh, and good luck by the way.

Franklin