TGASIA Archives

July 2008

TGAsia@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:16:26 +0800
From:
Jackson Chan <[log in to unmask]>
base64
Hi Wei Hung,

For the SIR test on the soldering flux, the test board has two orientation

to pass the soldering wave at the pot.

a. Comb down

Means that the comb pattern of copper track would be soldered when touching

the wave.  It is similar to our normal soldering of production board

(bottom side)

b. Comb up

Means that the comb pattern of copper track face up when passing the

preheator and touching the wave.  Therefore, the copper track is not

soldered but only conditioned by he topside preheat during the conveypr

transfer and heat transmission from the bottom of the board during the

contact of soldering wave.  It is intended to simulate the condition that

the flux is sprayed on the top surface of the board.

IPC-TM-650 is the procedure no. for the test procedure stated in IPC /

J-STD requirement.  2.6.3.3 is the section no. which specifiy the certain

test such as SIR.  They can be downloaded from www.ipc.org website

SC-10 is an environmental friendly cleaner.  The SIR method is based on

2.6.3.3 but not exactly the same.  It is because 2.6.3.3 is basically used

in flux (including core wire, solder paste, wavesoldering flux).  The

preparation procedure of the test board for cleaner should be different

from the flux type. After the test board is prepared, the test environment

(85% RH, 85 deg. c, 7 days, test voltage 100V, bias voltage 48V) and the

following procedure would be the same between the cleaner and the flux .

How to prepare the test board for cleaner ?  Typically, it should be used

similar to how to use the cleaner in your typical production environment.

For example, if the cleaner is used in ultrasonic cleaning for 5 min and

then using force air drying at 85 deg. C for 2 min.  You can prepare the

test board for cleaner using the one similar to your ultrasonic cleaning

procedure in this case

When using the cleaner, it should  go through the course of evaparation at

ambient temperature or heated environment.  The residue of the cleaner

should be very very low.  Therefore, in typical case, you should get the

high SIR value like the bare board.  No concern to me about reliability of

the cleaner standalone.  However, it is other story if your SIR test is

targeted at to see whether the cleaner is effectively to clean the flux.

If the cleaner is not effective, the residual flux residue may cause low

SIR value.

Jackson Chan

Technical Services Manager

Cookson Electronics - Alpha Metals (Hong Kong)

Low cost , reliable alloy SACX0807

             wasionhw

             Sent by: TGAsia           [log in to unmask]

             <[log in to unmask]>                                           cc

                                                                   Subject

             2008/07/24 下午           [TGA] 清洗剂的测试

             04:41

             Please respond to

               Asia Committe

             Task Group Forum

             Please respond to

                 wasionhw

 各位好,请教一个问题

    在IPC-TM-650中,经常再现"Comb pattern down/up",这两个是什么意思,梳状电极

是上、下互为一组的.

    另外,我在看一份SC-10的技术资料,资料中说到该清洗剂做了SIR测试,采用的

方法就是TM中的2。6。3。3

    清洗剂的SIR测试是带偏压测试的吗?因为这引伸到一个问题:就是清洗后的梳形

电极,在高温高湿及加电的情况下

    是否会一定会发生电迁移现象。

    谢谢指点

WeiHuang  08/07/24

Changsha Weisheng Electronics Co.,Ltd

Changsha Willfar Information Technology Co.,Ltd

Add:National Class High-New-tech Industrial Development

Zone,Changsha,Hunan,P.R.China

Postcode:410013

TEL:0731-8619409

FAX:0731-8619439