TECHNET Archives

June 2008

From:
김정철 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, 김정철 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2008 15:16:03 +0900

Hello TechNeters,

I need to know whether there's any requirement for edge connector finish.

You know pcbs for memory module have e'lytic hard gold plating on its connector tab pads.

I could find general requirements like Ni/Au thickness, purity, hardness, etc. in IPC or ASTM stds.

But what I want is specifically related to 'abrasion resistance' property.

Inserting into mating connector repeatedly..? What's the test method and way for pcb maker to do that?

Does anyone have idea?

Have a great day.

jc

Korea Circuit