TECHNET Archives

June 2008

From:
"Douglas O. Pauls" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 15:47:21 -0500
On the other hand, adding more solvent to the mix can result in more
stress resulting in the coating, which may then crack in extreme thermal
cycle conditions.

Doug Pauls

Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
06/03/2008 11:03 AM
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: [TN] Tiny Bubbles

Hi Kenny

What I think is happening is that you are trapping solvent in the
coating because it is drying too fast.

Try to add more solvent when you spray and keep the RH between 40% and
60% in the coating area.

You mention this is a polyurethane - if it HumiSeal 1A33, just try a
Material 1part to Solvent 2 parts and then reduce the solvent content
until you have the desired result.

If it another urethane that might be moisture curing, then you have a
different problem to overcome.

I would still like to see the IPC-CC-830 changed to show 3 conditions:

1                Tack-Free
2                Dry
3                Fully Cured

I think you have arrived at stage 2 too fast.

Graham Naisbitt

Gen3 Systems Limited
www.gen3systems.com

http://listserv.ipc.org/archives