TECHNET Archives

June 2008

From:
"Igoshev, Vladimir" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Igoshev, Vladimir
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:19:00 -0400
Hi Amol,

There is one very confusing observation in your e-mail.
You are saying:
"The IMC fractures were secondary failures occurring after the pad had
failed" and I can not understand it. Once a joint is broken (either
through the laminate or joint itself), there is no more mechanical
stress applied to the joint. So, how come IMC can get broken after the
board underneath the joint had cracked???

Regards,

Vladimir