TECHNET Archives

June 2008

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:19:04 +0300
If the activated carbon filters on the masks are saturated, then they
are worse than useless. If the operators can smell the stuff, then they
must be saturated. A filter is generally quite small, typically
containing 30-40 g of carbon, which may adsorb, say, 5 g or so solvent.
I suggest that you find a scuba diver who will lend you his tanks!

Brian