LEADFREE Archives

June 2008

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:57:47 -0500
Hi, Pete
Kid gloves are not ESD safe. I agree with most of your other remarks.
What do you mean by "BGA joints are especially weak in the first few
hours after thermal cycles.  Perhaps let them sit at room temperature
for a day before secondary operations." What are you expecting to happen
during that time? There is no "cure schedule" for solder after it
reaches solidus. Either you have a good solder joint or you don't, and
letting the board sit for 24 hours does nothing.