TECHNET Archives

May 2008

Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 21:35:38 +0800
We recently qualified a SMT power module which has a small QFN part on the
board bottom side £¨the QFN package is intersil ISL6522 5mm¡Á5mm£©.

After the module was soldered to our board, We often found solder jointer
open in QFN terminal for remelting

We also find one doubtful point, in general, if the standoff of QFN has
obviously height and the solder jointer has beautiful fillet,

The module will easily have the open issue after reflow.

So we think the problem reason is caused from the incoming parts PCBA
process control and DFM design although the incoming is good,

Also we think the standoff of QFN in module should be controlled, otherwise
the solder jointer will have open issue in our PCBA.

Who have encountered the same issue or could give me any idea? Thanks in
advance!

Min Jun

H3C process engineer

Tel:+86-010-82774234

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from H3C,
but not limited to, total or partial
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!