TECHNET Archives

May 2008

From:
"Sauer, Steve (Xetron)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Sauer, Steve (Xetron)
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2008 06:24:30 -0500
The reference that you're looking for is in IPC-7711 method 5.3.1.  This
is the only method in 7711 that is cited for manual chip installation.
This method describes the use of solder paste and hot air to install a
chip device.  The removal methods, 3.3.1 - 3.3.3, are bifurcated tip,
thermal tweezers and hot air.

Other methods are acceptable as long as the other requirements (ility's)
are met in addition to workmanship.