TECHNET Archives

May 2008

From:
"Croslin, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Croslin, Robert
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 08:56:28 -0400
Bob, that's been my practice working in Aerospace and Military, Medical,
Industrial, and now Commercial industries for the past 30+ years.   I'd
never had it questioned before.  The original design team signs off
either by hand or electronically and the "signatures" remain fixed
through normal revision processes.  If there's an offshoot or variant
created, or a significant redesign, then the new culprits sign off.
Regarding controlling changes in the revision blocks, I learned long ago
not to summarize them there, but to simply list the ECO or ECN reference
there so anyone needing the change information has to read the change
notice so they understand the full impact of the change.  Hope this
helps.

Bob Croslin
The Nielsen Company