TECHNET Archives

May 2008

From:
Dwight Mattix <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dwight Mattix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2008 07:50:14 -0700
At 05:50 AM 5/27/2008, Lenny Carter wrote:
>snip
> > I read the entire post and the humor bug came over me,   I think it is
> > funny.  As funny as some of the jokes that start in the US about other
> > countries.  I can see , I can see!  I can actually see the humor in this
> > and think it is funny.
> > I do however feel this may not be the place for this joke, but $h1t
> > happens on every forum.

One of the great thing about Americans is the ability to find/accept
the humor is just about anything.

That said/all joking aside and lest we forget)...
The price of US independance was ~25,000 lifes on the Continental
Army/Militia side.
A heavy price indeed considering the total population in Colonies was
so small.
Equivalent losses today as a percent of population would be on the
order of 2,000,000.

Thankfully for me, my great^n grandfather John Flanders survived from
Valley Forge on to muster out at the end of it all with 40 acres in
NW territory, and back pay of  about 40 dollars in paper & 12 dollars in coin.

So that we might be called citizens -- no longer subjects.