TECHNET Archives

May 2008

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2008 08:46:31 -0400
Brian,

I guess I should add that we have been using this conformal coating for about six years with "great success".  It has only been in this test of a new washing system that we are seeing the coating peel off.  The DI wash in my original post was the wash step after soldering with an OA flux.  Maybe the detergent in the wash system is really good for cleaning conformal coating off the boards... if that was what I really wanted.

Phil