TECHNET Archives

May 2008

From:
Dan Mathews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dan Mathews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2008 12:39:13 -0500
  What we found was an issue with smaller parts in general. IF traces
come out of the same side of the component, instead of the ends, the
solder cools at different rates and turns the parts. We had issues with
turning and parts that we at about a 45 degree angle (like there was
something under the component).
  We had board with this issue which we could not figure out for over 1
year. We happened to have a consultant in talking about designs and he
mentioned this issue. We went back to the board and found out that is
what the problem was. It was actually on a SOD-123 part rather than a
0402 but similar issue I would bet.

Dan