TECHNET Archives

May 2008

From:
"Simonik, Dave R. (David)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Simonik, Dave R. (David)
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 11:11:26 -0400
  We also use the term 'skived', but only in our laser drilling process.
The process of skiving in our facility is the use of the Uv laser to
skive down to inner layer alignment targets. This process of involves
continuous pulsing of the Uv laser, whereby a window is opened up on the
board. The process pulses the beam in a raster pattern, with shot and
line spacing set for the proper removal of material at high power and
low rep rate. The second step of the skiving process uses lower power at
a higher rep rate with expanded shot & line spacing to clean the copper
surface of remaining dielectric material in order that the vision system
can capture the imaged target.

Dave Simonik
Process Technician
Sanmina SCI