TECHNET Archives

May 2008

From:
"Thayer, Wayne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Thayer, Wayne
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 11:16:56 -0400
 I have a FocalSpot lower end unit (actually it's the highest of their
low end machines), which I am delighted with for manual XRAY inspection.
I think it is an excellent value, but it ended up costing around $67K by
the time it was installed.  This replaced an ancient Nicholet which
needed some parts.  The parts would have cost about $30K.  Used machines
might be an option for you, but know that the prices for repairs may
give you false economy.  Maybe you could rent space on someone else's
machine?

Wayne Thayer