TECHNET Archives

May 2008

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2008 18:38:40 +0100
Chris

I can't add much to Joe's suggestions however what I can add is:

The B52 incorporates some thru-hole connectors so that you can also
run wave soldering if that is part of your process. It is certainly
here that I would first expect there to be any problems.

The B52 has a cousin: the TB57 that features in the International
Standard IEC 61189-5. This was a design that originated at NPL in the
UK and from which Doug "tweaked" to create the B52. He loves to do
that - tweaking that is!

There is a fast growing data set on this and, on behalf of the SIR TG
at IPC, would ask that you share your results with us if you do go
down this route? We can keep it anonymous to protect the innocent....

Kindest regards
Graham Naisbitt
Managing Director