LEADFREE Archives

May 2008

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 09:39:48 -0700
Interesting viewpoint,

Let's look at a scenario where you have to load software from a CD or DVD to
enable the equipment and the equipment also contains a fiber optic
communications cable.

We all "know" that the cable has to be RoHS compliant since it is part of
the equipment and forms an optical communications channel for the electro
magnetic data transfer.

So someone explain to me (in the situation where the equipment needs to be
"loaded" from a DVD as is the case of a typical GUI for comms equipment) why
the DVD does not form an optical  communications channel between the laser
read/write channel??

Suggest we might want to bury this thread.......

John

John Burke

(408) 515 4992

  _____