DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2008

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Kitty Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2008 10:07:24 -0500
Brandon,

Are you using GenCAD files?  There are translators that will convert

IPC-D-356A files or ODB++ files into GenCAD.  The ODB++ files bring in the

most information, everything including all the copper layers and

silkscreen.  All the layers can be overlayed, including drill locations...

Hope it helps,

Kitty

Kitty Hines

The Chamberlain Group, Inc.

(630)516-6655

             "Luther, Brandon"

             Sent by:                  [log in to unmask]

             DesignerCouncil                                            cc

             <DesignerCouncil@

             ipc.org>                                              Subject

                                       [DC] Pick & Place file checking

             05/23/2008 09:47

             AM

             Please respond to

                "(Designers

              Council Forum)"

             <DesignerCouncil@

             IPC.ORG>; Please

                respond to

             "Luther, Brandon"

Good Morning All,

We are having some issues with our P&P files.  We use databases from a

number of different origins and sometimes get unpredictable P&P problems.

I was wondering if anyone knew of some type of software that would check

the P&P.  Maybe some type of overlay where the P&P is overlayed on the

gerbers.

Besides the issues we have, we realize that we also have a process problem.

The P&P files aren’t being checked as thoroughly as they should be.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Brandon G. Luther  C.I.D.

Design Services Manager