TECHNET Archives

April 2008

From:
Bill Kasprzak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bill Kasprzak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2008 08:49:31 -0400
Tom, Lenny,

I'll just add in another MyData plus.

We also do many short runs where we spend more time doing setups than we
do actually running the machines.

Often times purchasing will call me and indicate they cannot get a full
reel of parts. So I simply tell them that a short piece of tape, even as
short as 2 - 3" long will work on the MyData and the Agilis feeders. Takes
only 10 seconds to load the feeders. In addition the software links the
part to the feeder so I can place the part anywhere on the machine and the
part will get picked up.

Even if the parts are received in loose bulk for the Mydata is capable if
picking up the parts and placing them.

Great piece of gear for the work environment that we're in.

"Gervascio, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
04/01/2008 03:27 PM
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
"Gervascio, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: [TN] Pcik-n-place equipment

Important to consider your business- are you a high volume, low mix shop
or a high mix, low volume shop. I have experience with Siemens SiPlace,
Fuji CP-643 and IP-2 , Universal GSM and HSP and MyData MY9 and MY19.
All of them are solid machines- never had any Panasonic data. We're in a
high mix enviroment and we spend more time kitting and setting up jobs
than actually running them. So raw placement time is not the driver for
us. I like the MyData MY series for several reasons- easy to reprogram
trays and tape, AutoTeach makes setting up a new component very easy- no
messing around with data sheets,  if you have insufficient feeder slots
for a given board you can run the board with the available feeders and
the machine will place what parts it has available (the machine will
then stop) and then reload the rest of the feeders and continue the same
board. Also we have to use component traceability for date code and
batch numbers and their MyLabel system fits the bill nicely for us. Like
the Agilis feeders also.

Main things to look at are easy of programming, repeatability and
accuracy (01005 components, microBGA- chipscale, long SMT connectors
(longer than 50mm in length), control over accelerations (table and
gantry accelerations- comes in handy with high profile SMT devices with
small leads like inductors), installed base of machines and availability
of tech support and parts, etc.

Tom