TECHNET Archives

April 2008

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:04:35 -0700
Having just moved house, I donated a bunch of stuff, but was left with  a
bigger bunch to take to the dump - it may surprise you the cost of dumping
things here in California.

The MINIMUM charge for the dump in Milpitas (Bay area) is $47

If you take a short bed pickup it will cost you $47 plus if you have a
monitor in the load $30.

So for 2 trips it cost me $126 (2 pickups plus a monitor)

This was the top up stuff. For the main run I shoved a whole bunch of old
sofa's etc in the back of a U-Haul - this cost me $365 at the dump.

So in one weekend I spent $499 to dump garbage.

I would think that they could afford to run those "Green Trucks" on Scotch

John

John Burke

(408) 515 4992