TECHNET Archives

April 2008

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 07:18:53 +0100
Habib

As Dr Christian has already pointed out, you ask too much - you should
attend our meetings to get a better understanding of the issues you
raise.

However, trying to be helpful, let me answer you briefly on each your
questions:

On 1 Apr 2008, at 15:14, SAHLI habib wrote:
> Is there someone who wants to answer my questions?
>
> Best regards.

As thin as possible

> 2- Does Automotive market is asking for copper thickness reduction?
Yes.

> 3- What is the standard maximum and minimum bow and twist for Pcbs
> with BGA components?
Very little.

> 4- What is the standard tolerance for press-fit PTH?
Small.

> 5- When is panel plating suggested and When is pattern plating
> suggested?
Refer to standards.

> 6- What is the standard value for annular ring for Pcbs with high
> copper thicknes (more than 3 oz)?
Refer to standards.

> 7- Is AOI detecting all the PCB defects?
No.
> What defects are not detected?
Those that are not detectable by AOI method

> 8- Is the automotive market requesting 100% AOI in internal and
> external layers?
Maybe.

> 9- What the is the maximum offset between copper and solder mask
> requested in the automotive market?
Refer to standards.

> 10- What the is the maximum offset between copper,solder mask and
> holes requested in the automotive market?
Refer to standards.

> 11- What is the main surface finish for Automotive?
OSP - ENIG - HASL - ImSn - it depends on the application.

> 12- What product application is used OSP for?
It depends

> 13- What product application is used ENIG for?
It depends

> 14- What product application is used Immersion Silver for?
It depends

> 15- Is Screen printing in use for Automotive market?
Probably

> 16- Is Screen printing used to mark code matrix?
Sometimes

> 17- What is the maximum accepted value of Ionic contamination in
> Automotive market. (µg Na Cl/square for inch)
Often <0.2mg/cm2 NaCl equivalence

> 18- Are customers requesting Ioni chromatography or any other
> similar analysis?
Yes.

> 19- Is the automotive market requesting PEA packaging (Electrostatic
> Protected Area)?
Usually.

> 20- Is Pollution gas test required for Automotive market?
Yes but not always.

> 21- What are the Significant Characteristics defined by Automotive
> market?
High reliability.

> 22- What are the main characteristics for satndard FR4 base material?
Flame retardance.

?