TECHNET Archives

April 2008

From:
"David D. Hillman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 16:55:29 -0500
Hi Jenny! I attempted to pull together a test plan to assess the
reliability of polyball component technology for a couple of our avionics
applications. Thanks to the wonderful assistance of Technet I found two
sources of polyball components in the Far East but have finally dropped
the project as I could not get a quote for test devices from either
company. Hope you have better luck.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

Jenny Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
03/31/2008 03:20 AM
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
Jenny Drake <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: [TN] Polymer cored solder spheres.

Hi Werner,
    I received a couple of responses off the list and will be chasing
them up. Thanks for the extra suggestions. It was your paper in Global
SMT and Packaging that alerted me to the existence of these balls. Early
days yet and I can't go in to details at this stage, but they might help
in the assembly of our product. All depends on cost and availability.

Best regards,  Jenny