TECHNET Archives

April 2008

From:
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:10:52 -0500
After which process, the SMT reflow or wave solder of the through-hole
parts? Where are the pin-holes, and what do you mean by severe
outgassing? Is it limited to wave-soldered components, SMT components,
or distributed all over the assembly?
If it is limited to the PTH parts, I'm guessing it is the wave solder
flux or the fluxing process.
If it is evenly distributed and showing up in the SMT joints as well as
wave solder PTH joints, I'm guessing something associated with severe
change in humidity.