TECHNET Archives

March 2008

From:
"Rottnick Ralph (QD L6S)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Rottnick Ralph (QD L6S)
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:13:50 +0100
Hi Jack,

I would go for a two step approach.
First I would check with my vendor what are the critical parameters on his side. So ask him to perform a FMEA to identify the critical parameters in his line. Then ask for the performance data on these critical inputs. Most propably you will get SPC data with a certain confidence level. With this you will get already a good overview how repeatable his quality will be in future.
Second I would do a FMEA on my assembly line to find out the critical parameters from there.
All together you will know on what to focus on and what to specify. These data are very good to compare different vendor.
How does it sounds to you?
Ralph