TECHNET Archives

March 2008

From:
Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:41:24 EDT

In a message dated 3/14/2008 4:05:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Fairly  often, I do not receive the original message sent to Technet, but
will get all  the responses... yes, I have checked my spam mail folder, nothing
there.

Are you the original sender of the e-mail?  It may have to do with  these
functions on ListServ (see the IPC web page on forums):

     ACK/NOACK When you send a message, the server responds with  a
confirmation message, saying that "your message was delivered to the  forum, etc.",
but, by default, the copy of your message is NOT sent to  you. In other words,
when you send a message to the forum, you do not  receive it back as a posting.
However, you can change this default for  yourself by setting following
ACK - A short confirmation message is sent to the sender of the posting
(default)
NOACK - No posting acknowledgment is sent      Repro/NORepro  REPRO - You
receive a copy of your own  postings
NOREPRO - You do not receive a copy of your own postings
For example, to receive both confirmation of the posting and the  posting
itself for your TechNet submission, send a command:
SET TECHNET  REPRO

To receive only your posting but not the posting  acknowledgment:
SET TECHNET NOACK
SET TECHNET REPRO