TECHNET Archives

February 2008

From:
Hernefjord Ingemar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Hernefjord Ingemar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2008 10:15:06 +0100
What is the problem? Your design seems to be rather conventional. Are
the boards exposed to extreme vibration or acceleration, like certain
MIL products? For me, 12x13mm caps are not large. I would say that your
copper pad adhesion on the substrate isn't good. 5.7x1.6 = 9.12mm2.
Typical copper to FR-4 adhesion is 20N/mm2, so your case is equal to
20x9.12= approx. 180 N. And your caps do not weigh much.
/Inge