TECHNET Archives

February 2008

From:
"Thayer, Wayne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Thayer, Wayne
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 21:58:55 -0500
Dwight-

What's the difference between plugging and filling?

I'd heard overplating the vias was recommended in this case because there was a high chance of voids/outgassing to originate at the site of the fill/plug.  I keep wanting to try this technique beneath QFN parts but my CAM artist keeps "accidentally" specifying the overplate!

Wayne Thayer