TECHNET Archives

January 2008

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:54:31 -0500
Hi Clayton,

We are testing a small steam cleaner to be used for spot cleaning of a hand installed part or repaired part.  This assumes an OA flux was used.  For RMA fluxes, washing with a solvent (alcohol or a flux remover) Terry Munson best described it as just spreading the residue around unless you do a good job of rinsing.

I'm not sure what the point of no-clean is if in the end you need to clean it.

Just my 2¢.

Phil Nutting