TECHNET Archives

January 2008

From:
- bogert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, - bogert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:29:07 -0500
January 10, 2008

One lessons learned item to be aware of is if the liquid mask is the peel
off type and you use it to mask electrical socket contacts on connectors or
for electrical socket sockets, sometimes some residue winds up inside the
contact and when folks try to use tools, etc. to remove the residual
material, they can spread the electrical contact causing a potential
intermittent electrical connection when the mating connector is installed or
when a component is installed in the socket.