TECHNET Archives

December 2007

From:
stephengregory5849 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, stephengregory5849 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:38:28 -0500
Hi Graham!

First off, I would also like to wish everyone a happy, healthy, and
prosperous new year. Hopefully for us in the USA, some changes for the
better, it being an election year and all, but I'm not gonna hold my
breath...

The new year is going to start off right for me though, I get to spend it
with my family here in North Carolina. I couldn't ask for more.

As far as MRP systems go, we didn't just get a new one where I work, they've
had FourthShift from SoftBrands there for a while. The last place I worked
had something called CompassContract from Western Data Systems. While I'm no
MRP expert, it seems that FourthShift is easier to work with and more
flexible than CompassContract. At least I can get around in it with not much
trouble. Of course all I'm in it for is usually BOM stuff, I don't use it
the way our buyers and planning department do. All in all, I don't hear near
the complaints about FourthShift from the people that work with it day in
and day out as I heard about CompassContract at the last place I worked...if
that's any help.

Steve Gregory