TECHNET Archives

December 2007

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Hfjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 00:15:53 +0100
Nickel flash! You'd better tell us the whole story, e.g. post the datasheet
to Steve or give a link. Agree with George, make Xsection, takes half an
hour with fast acrylic, 600+2500 paper polish, dip a few seconds in an acid
solution, just for making a topographic contrast, put the sample in a SEM
with backscatter detector and see if the layers are thinner than let's say
2-3 micrometers (you can't do any precision measurements this way). If both
tin and nickel is thinner than that, I'd recommend pulling the emergency
brake and do what George recommended.

So....Christmas is over for many...I'm lucky to have a few days more as
free...ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Inge

PS. Forgot to tell you, if you are not used to sample preparation: use a
whole bunch of resistors, not just one! There may be variations too....