TECHNET Archives

December 2007

From:
"Croslin, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Croslin, Robert
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 14:45:57 -0500
Mike, we've used AutoCAD forever for our cable drawings.  The advantage
is that our main custom cable supplier also uses it and we often import
their production layout drawings into our documentation after first
articles are approved.  That ensures compatibility in our processes.
While we use both Inventor and Solidworks for more complicated stuff,
we've found no advantage to doing cable drawings with those.

Bob Croslin
Nielsen Media Research